Saturday, February 12, 2011

No Rest for the Wicked-

I finally finished the "Crashed Charger" project and am now creating a comp for a Fashion Show (that will be shot Sunday-I hope) as well as a "Landmarks of Portland" show (which is due on the 17th). BUT the car is done.

Here are the pics:
Car with the interior placed in and completed engine compartment.I tried to add some great details-like the Magic8Ball gear shift, radio knobs and speedometer and things. I will have those pics later.

Here are the wheels. I had to experiment to see what technique was needed to keep the paper chrome. This will be used later for my Fashion Masks (David-you're gonna flip!)

White primer to catch the red-plus put on the hood.

Drying car after the 2nd coat.

Detail of back end. Tried to cut out letters-but failed. Finally painted them in and outlined them in black photo marker.

Busted windshield for the front of the car. This is the only thing NOT out of paper.

Final car. Added silver crinkled highlight to simulate metal under the red as well as scratches. Client was ecstatic!

Elisa took detailed pics that I will also post later. Time for some coffee and back up to the cutting board.